Pages


Monday, July 18, 2011

Five Makeup Dont's!

I was thinking of some of the terrible makeup mistakes I made when I was in high school. I really wish someone would have told me to just put the makeup brush down. I have tons of pictures that need to be burned. Here are a few tips on what NOT to do.

One:
Please don't over do the eyeliner. Eyeliner can be flattering and make your eyelashes fuller when its applied properly. When it is done wrong it can be a tragedy. If your going for a bold, fun look try a fun cat eye not a raccoon eye.


Two:
My first prom I remember wanting to go all out. I had a bold smokey eye and bold red lips. Looking back at the pictures everything looks so overdone. My advice: pick one or the other. Don't let your facial features be fighting each other for attention.  Christina Aguilara is gorgeous, but here her makeup is overdone.



Three:
I am very pale, and when summer begins I want to have some color. Please don't do what I did and apply bronzer all over your face. Only apply bronzer around your hairline, jawline, and under the cheekbones. Lindsey Lohan has a great complexion but here it is blotchy and orange.


Four:
Don't use shimmer around wrinkles. It makes fine lines look even more noticeable. It can make someone with perfect skin look wrinkled. I only apply shimmer in highlight form on my cheekbones. This girl has beautiful skin, but shimmer made her eyes look baggy.


Five:
Don't go crazy with eyebrows. Use a shade only a few shades darker than your hair. Follow the lines of your natural eyebrow. If the eyebrows are done right they can really bring attention to your eyes.


0 comments: